Software Update

My wife owns a 2016 Renault Megane GT Line and yesterday found the clock not working, been on the website and tells me about the bug in the software, which needed to be fixed by April 6, we did not receive any notification from Renault on the issue.

Have downloaded the update and managed to get through the first part of the process but after about 15 minutes when the software finished updating, it just went to the screen that says Tomtom, and sat there for about 20 minutes doing nothing so eventually had to turn the car off and gave up.

Any ideas why it would do this, and why we were not notified of the need to update the software?

Answered question

Hello, this error can happen if you do the update while your car is in an underground parking lot. The GPS needs to connect in order to complete the update. You can unlock the freeze on “Tomtom” screen by removing the SD card.

Regards.

Posted new comment

Thanks for the reply, but I was in garage in my house with full wi-fi connection, I tried removing the SD card but that did nothing. I will contact the dealer today and see if they can update the software for me.

You are viewing 1 out of 1 answers, click here to view all answers.